Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tranqi Tranqi

It's around 11am on a Tuesday, and I am sitting on the back patio with a glorious breeze and view of the avila...

School has been canceled for the week due to elections. We were shut down on Monday at 4pm, so that armed military could come in to use the building next door for voting. For the first time, I get to work from home! It's a crazy sort of thing. I am posting assignments online and interacting with my students via a web program. It's a new way to do 4th grade, that is for sure...

Life has been crazy busy, as it goes...

On Friday, my students had a performance showcase of all of the work we have been doing over the past month. Parents came into my tiny classroom, and students got to show off what they know. I was really quite impressed with their knowledge, understanding, and reflections.






Saturday was our staff social - American BBQ that had some volleyball, potluck food, and dance party.

Sunday we were advised not to take the Metro, because there was a huge march...

Avoidance is key... Around the neighborhood I saw tons of people rallying together to go into the city. As much as you hear news of Caracas and Venezuela... I have been blessed enough to not see any of it. For me, everything is muy tranqi... tranquil







1 comment: