Monday, May 13, 2013

One Month...

In one month, I will be returning to Atlanta...

In one month, my life will be unsteady again - for nothing there will be quite the same as it was, and when I return back to Venezuela in August, again, nothing will be quite the same here either.

I am in this place of unsettledness... but I feel such peace. This is life. Nothing remains - everything changes.

I feel such joy. I feel such bliss in the uncertainty and unsteadiness of the waves... I float. On this raft of open waters... on these broken boards of ship wrecks past, I float.

Ship wrecks past? Yes... Quite frankly, yes. Everything I have ever tried to build for myself has only ever amounted to some sort of ship wreck. For truly nothing is within my control. Nothing is within my grasp.

So instead, upon these broken boards, I float. There is nothing more I desire, for the sun on my face, the breeze of this day, the mist of the sea on my skin... this is all I need. In my heart, forever I float.


Let me share some joy of the moment...

Spirit Week.... For celebrity day, I dressed up as Charlie Chaplin and lasted the whole day not saying a word to anyone...

By the end of the day...
"Ms. Loomer... This started off really funny. Then it got kind of annoying. Now it's just sad... I miss your voice. It's so beautiful. I never knew how much I liked to hear you speak."



We had a Teacher vs. Student Basketball game. Although there were a few injuries (eek), it was a blast to watch!




Ending of a year means grades and projects, grades and projects.... hmmm



Science Fair....







"Ms. Loomer! I see you...." 




On Friday, we had our final Fusion (Friday night youth group) of the year... It was so much fun, but so sad to acknowledge our staff and students who are leaving...




On Saturday, we had our banquet for secondary students.... Dancing... Dinner... Dessert Buffet... mmmm

Photo Bombing...

 Ladies with "D-Funk"

 Our Fusion Team!

Roommates!




3 comments:

  1. I am SO very proud of you and want you to know that the good Lord is watching over you! He has placed these special adults and children in your life for you to experience and learn from. My wish is that you envelop all of these experiences and know that the good Lord is sending His peace to be upon you and all that surround you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful!! Love you lots.............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Charlie,
    Never known you to be one of so few words...........

    ReplyDelete