Wednesday, August 1, 2012

T.M.I. (Warning)

What is that warm air coming from my mouth? Ah... my breath. Sweet, slow breath has been quite the  rarity. These three days might as well have been two weeks - I wouldn't have known the difference!

Thus far, I have found the transition quite easy. Our new family is amazing... they have intricately foreseen and planned for every detail of the move and of becoming acclimated to this new life.

So.... Some TMI Tid Bits:

1.) NO TP down the hole... Ew. For real, no flushing toilet paper - at. all. Where does it go? The trash can. Used? Mhmm...This has taken some getting used to, and I had to make myself a sign to put over the toilet. So far, so good, no mess ups or having to dig it back out. I'm just hoping that I don't accidentally bring this culture trend back home.

2. Up close and personal... Day 2: Gynecologist. I suppose it's one way to really expose yourself to the culture; although, it is certainly not my first choice, it had to be done for school paperwork. This is not something that typically makes me terribly uncomfortable, so I wasn't too worried. Here, however, you get a live video feed of the details going on at the other end of the table on a tv monitor right in front of you, just in case you are a visual learner. I am not, but thanks for the documentary.

Apparently, it takes pretty gross things to surprise me. All else is not surprising enough to recall.

Food's good. People are great. Hills are death. I am exhausted.

"Buenos Nachos!" - M.C.L.








No comments:

Post a Comment