Friday, August 3, 2012

Perseverance is key

We're pretty busy these days... we've been following a two week schedule that lays out hour-by-hour of every day of meetings, social time, tasks to complete, places to see, and things to learn. It's exhausting but great, because there's very little time to 'miss' or 'mourn'. There's such a great system of support...

Yesterday, some day, what's today? A Canadian mission group came to help out around our school. They were AMAZING! A lovely group of girls cleaned all of my desks and chairs, wiped down all of my books, organized my bookcase, wiped off every manipulative, and put books in desks... all of the teacher grind work that I didn't get my college degree for... 5 girls for 2 hours gave me about 10 priceless hours of work.... God is good to my kids, because I couldn't have/wouldn't have done such impeccable work (and my mama isn't here to help!)

I'm finding my way around quite nicely and learning this city. I love exploring a new place...

I had the opportunity to take my first independent walk home from school today. Let me say this: coming and going around here is simply a task.

task (noun): 
A difficult or tedious undertaking.

Yes, a task. 

This mountainous region makes any movement away from home a trek. Okay, fine - good exercise.
A task is not only difficult but also tedious. Every change in location has a locked gate, and every door has a gated lock and a locked door. Simply put: keys are key. Security is good - fine. However, every lock seems to have its own kink. So, not only do you have to find the right key, but it also must be twiddled with in the correctly particular manner. Time is not on my side, but I guess that 10 hours of free labor will make up for the key time lost over the year. 

View while walking up our street... 


I will give you the keys...
MATTHEW 16:19

No comments:

Post a Comment