Sunday, August 5, 2012

Comunidad

Our community is slowly growing. Four more teachers arrived last night.

Today, the new teachers are attending the church of one of our staff members where her husband is the pastor. Her son is in my class (he is the one who gave me the 'regalito' or 'small gift' of the Venezuelan key chain on my key set).

This is a prime example of what a tight-knit community we live in... students are now in my direct community groups. They are my neighbors, my co-worker's children, my friends, my family.

As teachers, we always say it's a full time job - 24/7/365, because any teacher knows how we are constantly thinking of our students, planning out lesson ideas in our heads, considering our organizational, academic, pedagogical strategies... summer is the behind-the-scenes, men in black work that makes the whole production function properly during show time.

Well, that role just magnified.

Yesterday was a beautiful, rainy day. I successfully grocery shopped alone and made homemade granola. Although I had to pick out some blackberries that I did not put into it, it's still yummmmmmmm!

 Stoves always take some getting used to, right? Right.




1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious!! I know how much you like to cook. Another Christine creation............

    ReplyDelete