Saturday, August 11, 2012

How Blessed Thou Art

Good Saturday, Morning.

I sit in silence with some light music on the porch of my home. Home.... oh the ways and means people try to define such a word. What makes a house a home? I am at peace, and I am at rest. I am at home. Truly, this is not my home.

Some weekly loves:
-Worship Night- we gathered at my next-door neighbor/school director's house to sing, read, and pray together.


-Practicando mi espanol- puedo hablar en espanol con varios personas en mi escuela y mi comunidad. Yo empezo un conversacion con un hombre en la tienda porque el dice que tiene un pasaporte. Cuando se pregunto, "de donde eres?", el dice Francia, y hablamos un poco... poquito celebraciones...
(www.translate.google.com)

-A class is coming...- of my 3 years of teaching, I have never had my own classroom. This is my first, and as I spend countless hours planning the set up, the lessons, the protocols, etc etc... I am excited! If you've never been excited to go to work every day, ready to take on the tasks with a gracious, joyful heart... man, it's a gift.

-Sunrise-

-Street burger- you know those $10-$18 burgers that people get when they go to some nice and pricey restaurant and order a burger (I've never understood that.)? Put that image in your head. Add a little cart on the side of a busy city street. Wrap that burger in some white butcher paper so it'll stay together as you take that bite loaded with onion crisps, a fried egg, lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese, avocado, a variety of sauces, and... oh yeah, meat. Good, now divide that price by 5.... STREET BURGER!!!!

-Fellowship- the people I eat with, work with, live with, laugh with, pray with, share with, plan with, play with, talk with, walk with, clean with, drink with, sing with, make with, be with.... I have a unique and rare position to have the same group of people be all of those things.

This small community is just a miniscule opportunity to love one another as we are called to love. For in this world, "...we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others...Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves." -ROMANS 12

In all positions, you choose your posture.

.....................how blessed thou art...........................



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful writing Chris. I have been thinking of you all week as I watch our teachers set up their rooms, knowing this will be the first year having your own. May the good Lord watch over you and guide you on this wonderful journey! Bet you can't wait to meet your students!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me at the start of the school year! Thank you for your positive thoughts!
    Nancy Rogers

    ReplyDelete