Friday, September 7, 2012

Altogether Lovely...

...altogether worthy.
Altogether wonderful.

I am eagerly looking forward to these busy times.


For a Friday evening, I get to be a part of our secondary youth ministry in a group called Fusion. Afterward, I am going to some co-workers'/students' house for dinner, and then babysitting their kids (one of my students) so that they can have a date night.

On Saturday, I will be watching some other co-workers' kids and then our maintenance worker is cooking a Colombian feast for all of us with his wife.

On Sunday, my director's family is having a football party. No, not soccer. American football. Now that I live in Venezuela, I am a part of my first Fantasy Football League. Que silly... :)

I love these people.

I can't say enough how blessed I feel to be able to see so many marriages and families in our community. It fills me with much joy, but more than anything, hope...

EVERY DAY I get to start school with our staff in devotion, prayer, and worship... what JOY fills my soul.

I know what it's like to not understand this sentiment...
I have been the person who criticized, made fun of, and mocked faith/religion/whatever you want to call it...
I did this, because I did not understand.
I did not get it.
I did not have it.

Always, I desired to feel that joy without the commitment.

As much fear as I have had regarding my own future in marriage or family, the truth remains.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do,  
    and he will establish your plans.      

           - Proverbs 16:3                              

What I know now is this... the joy is in the hope... the joy is in the tribulation... the joy is through prayer.

One day, I asked.
I have received.

I will never be the same.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. -ROMANS 12:12


No comments:

Post a Comment