Sunday, September 16, 2012

Learning to be Light

As I sit on my back patio watching the storm hover over the mountains, I think, "Ah.....Lovely."

Friday we had Fusion with the high school kids, which started with a mini soccer tournament. HOW FUN!



On Saturday I went back to the Avila with some friends. This time we found the waterfall. Casey and I used the roots to climb up to the top where we found a cave... and a private photo shoot of dudes laying on the rocks with the waterfall crashing on top of them in their tighty whiteys.... It was full of aw... AWESOME....AWKWARD.

My mind is thinking in Spanish these days. I'm learning much and am excited to see how I will progress within the year. I accidently started talking only Spanish to my roommate who doesn't know a lot of Spanish yet, thinking entirely that I was speaking the correct language. This doesn't happen on a normal basis, as we live and teach in English, but on weekends when I'm around Venezuelans more, Spanish it is :)

My class has been lovely. Every other Friday, we have chapel with the entire elementary school, so on Fridays that we do not, our class will do some sort of service project. This week, we spent time thinking about and praying for every teacher and worker in our school. The kids then found Bible verses that they wanted to give to each person, and we collected candy as well to pass out to everyone. At the end of the day, I found this on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment