Friday, December 21, 2012

I will dance, I will sing...

What a beautiful morning...

As I sit and reflect... Abounding joy stirs my heart.

Coming on this journey, I knew the dangers and the risks. I knew, and I accepted.

I think back... 4 years ago was the first time I traveled alone. I was pick-pocketed in Milan. My distress and my anguish back then was far more disheartening than I have felt in the past 12 hours.

How can I sit here and be thankful? Be joyful? Be excited? Feel honored and blessed? Truly ecstatic for the joy in my heart?

I could sing of this love forever...

"...from violent people you save me

I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and have been saved from my enemies.

In my distress I called to the Lord; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.

Out of the brightness of his presence He reached down from on high and took hold of me

They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support. He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.

With your help I can advance against a troop with my God I can scale a wall.

As for God, his way is perfect...

The Lord’s word is flawless...

he shields all who take refuge in him.

For who is God besides the Lord?And who is the Rock except our God?

It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

You make your saving help my shield...

You provide a broad path for my feet, so that my ankles do not give way.

You made my enemies turn their backs in flight...

The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be my God, the Rock, my Savior!

...from a violent man you rescued me...

Therefore I will praise you, Lord, I will sing the praises of your name.

- 2 Samuel 22



No comments:

Post a Comment