Thursday, December 20, 2012

My God Is My Shield and Protection...

I am sitting in some sort of liquor market waiting on the police... They are next door talking to the man who robbed me. I don't want to see his face again.

I don't want to tell a story, but I want to praise my God.

I was walking toward the beach while the sun was high in the sky. A man approached me and kept saying "bolso...bolso" (bag...bag). Right away I knew he was robbing me, but I couldn't believe it, so I acted like I didn't understand. He lifted his shirt to show me something, and he started grabbing my bag. With my strap across my chest, I had a moment to reach into my bag as he was ripping it off me.

The next thing I knew, I had fallen onto the rocks next to the sidewalk that separated the street from the sea. I looked up and saw the man was running off with my bag, and in my hand I had both my wallet and my phone.

People began screaming, and I wanted to flee, hoping he wouldn't notice that the bag he was carrying had nothing of value. I saw him jump onto a moto, but for some reason it wasn't moving... Traffic was blocked on both sides and a crowd was gathering... The next thing I knew, there were police there and both men from the moto were on the ground.

The crowd summoned me and at this point I became hysterical... "tranquila... tranquila..." They wanted me to go identify my things and the men, but I didn't want to go near anyone. They brought me to a theater to sit and relax. The police came to talk to me, carrying the giant butcher knife that the man was armed with.

I am unharmed. I have all of my things.
My God is amazing.

I found 500 pesos on the ground, which I stopped to pick up as la policĂ­a laughed at me, and I got my first moto ride... A sunset, a bridge, an ocean, a breeze.

My God never ceases to amaze me...

"If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won't even hurt your foot on a stone." - Psalm 91:9-12

My first moto ride...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are okay Chris! Amazing that you managed to grab your phone and wallet out of your bag too. love and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad that you called me before I read this post. I pray every day for your safety! I will thank the Lord that you are ok. Wish you were here with me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete