Friday, January 17, 2014

And the beat goes on...

It's been a while.... This has been life...

Our school's main fundraiser for the year is Fall Festival. Students and teachers set up festival booths... There's an international food fair... Music... Dancing... Prizes... Good times....






Some of my students from this year and last year...








y mi comida arabe... mmmm







I was chosen for "The Big Toe Award"... which signifies someone who plays a small, important role in the functioning of the body.  



In November, I had to make a very hard decision about next year. I came here on a two year contract, and this is currently my second year. Therefore, I had to decide whether or not to renew my contract. Over two months and through a lot of prayer, advice, discussion, more prayer, more advice, more prayer.... I decided that I will not be renewing my contract for next year.

I love this country. I love my job. I love my family and friends here.
I've been starting to take pictures of the places where I live and work when I simply say to myself, "Wow... This place is so beautiful...I'm going to miss this..."

The school gate hill...


Bus stop at the bottom of "The Death Hill"


Quarter of the way up "The Death Hill"


The walk up "The Death Hill" to my house...


Top of "The Death Hill" aka my street




The view from my bed...


Cards on the patio...




A fun rainbow run in the concha (shorts and tank tops ALL YEAR LONG!)






Christmas in Caracas...






Christmas in Atlanta...

Family Night at the Nutcracker!




Night of Lights date night with Michelle & Rob at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens






Old college friends reunion



Trip to Nashville




Venezuelan Arepa Night!





And now.... TODAY!

I got to see another city in Venezuela, Valencia, as we went to VANAS which is an international English schools' teacher conference. I love the opportunity to get new ideas, insight, and inspiration into the profession I love.

A view on the drive...



"There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens..."
-Ecclesiastes 3:1



No comments:

Post a Comment